Friday, May 7, 2010

Desperately Seeking Becky

I imagine that at least some of you know that sick hollow feeling that comes from planning a party that nobody attends. I have to admit that I’m having similar feelings now that it’s been a week since I announced that Becky McKnight is the winner of the drawing for Knitting Green and she hasn’t contacted me with her mailing address. Imagine the explanations that I’ve come up with—Becky really doesn’t want the book; Becky is on an extended cruise to some remote south sea islands; Becky passed out in a fit of delight when she learned that she won the drawing and no amount of wool fumes can revive her; Becky lost interest in reading my blog; etc., etc.

If any of you dear readers knows Miss Becky, please, please beg her to respond to me at annbudd@annbuddknits.com so that I can stop imagining the worst. Her copy of Knitting Green is all packed up but has nowhere to go.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sad, the poor book must be feeling at least somewhat dejected. ;)

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Can I pretend to be Becky for a day? :)