Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Knitter's Curiosity Cabinet


I don't normally review books or products on my blog, but today I'm making an exception.
Hunter Hammersen has self-published a book of patterns inspired by 10 vintage botanical illustrations. Called The Knitter’s Curiosity Cabinet, this book contains an exceptional collection of mostly lace socks, hats, cuffs, shawls, and cowls, including a variety of heel flap and edging patterns. The image below provides some general information, the book's cover (top left), and other selected projects.


Unlike some self-published books, The Knitter’s Curiosity Cabinet is a visual treat in terms of photography and layout and is printed on quality paper. I haven’t tried any of the designs yet, but I definitely will.
The book sells for $26.95 and is available through Unicorn Books.

3 comments:

Anne W. said...

This looks like a great book indeed, thanks for the review. I wanted to point out that the book is also available in electronic form on the website (that's a few dollars cheaper and my preferred way of buying). And if you buy it as a hard copy from there, you get the electronic copy for free.

GeniaKnitz said...

Soon to be followed by her second book!

Donna said...

love this book, I am using it for Christmas sock knitting. Three socks in and it is still love.