Sunday, January 20, 2013

Knitting Again

Yesterday one of my sons was in a wrestling tournament, which meant that I sat in the bleachers for about five hours in order to see him on the mat for a grand total of 7 minutes. Of course, I took my knitting. And about an hour into the tournament I got it out. I think my gauge may have suffered when I tensed up watching kids twisted in grotesque ways, but I did knit. When we got home, I sat in a comfy chair with a glass of wine and knitted some more. And I woke up today wanting to knit instead of doing the house or office work. I think I'm past the hump.
Here's proof (I apologize for the blurry image):
 And, as for my son, he took second place (that's him in the red):

14 comments:

Deb Hoss said...

Glad to hear this Ann. And congratulations to your son! Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear about your baby step... And congrats to your son!

GerryART said...

Sounds like a Good Day all the way 'round.
Congrats to you both!

Judith said...

Wonderful news for the both of you! Keep taking those walks though, as regular exercise in many (but not all) cases can lift and keep you out of a depression as well as an antidepressant. Wishing you many more happy days like the one you just had! Judy

Sylvia said...

Ann, That's good to hear. I agree that you are over
the hump, but don't get discouraged if you still experience some "bad" days. You have a lot on your mind.

Sylvia said...

P.S. Congratulations to your son and please tell us about the project. Love the pattern stitch.

Adrienne said...

I was working on my Wingspan at my son's wrestling tournament. I put it down when one of our kids is wrestling. I also taught another of the Mom's to knit. Her daughter is a Senior. No idea why she waited so long, since she has had wrestlers for over 20 years.

MelissaH said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are turning upwards, and that you're knitting again. Life goes at its own pace, of course, but you're doing a great job of taking what's being thrown at you.

May said...

Glad to hear that you're on the mend.

Donna said...

Such good news - congratulations to you both.

pattie in Geneseo said...

Woot! Woot!

Malin said...

I'm a bit behind in my blog reading, I'm so sorry that you've had such a terrible start of the new year! I do hope things look up soon!

Congratulations to your son! My kids are wrestlers too. Daughter (almost 9) has been at it for 3 years, she's rather good (for a 56 pound midget...), sons (5 and 11) have just started (tired of getting thrown around by sister, no doubt)
Knitting at tournaments (and practice) is the best! I always get a gaggle of curious kids around me :-)

Barbara said...

Glad to see you back at the needles. Hang in there.

Debbi said...

congrats to your son and good for you! Small victories!