Saturday, January 14, 2012

Handspun Hat

I really should stop feeling so clever every time I knit something out of my handspun, but I just can't help it.  If I had known how wonderful handspun is to knit with, I would have taken up spinning years ago. Now I feel I have to make up for lost time.
I just finished a hat for my oldest out of "barn blend" fleece I got from Stargazer Ranch Alpacas last June. I was afraid that pure alpaca wouldn't hold its shape so I carried a strand of Marianne Isager fingering weight wool (Wool 1) along with my handspun. Worked in a modified k2, p2 rib, the hat is lusciously thick and, no doubt, warm.
My son only takes it off to sleep. Talk about gratification!

5 comments:

sandi said...

I know just how you feel. I've only been spinning for about a year and a half, and I love working with my handspun yarn!

Linda said...

What mother could ask for more?

mrsbooklove said...

Very nice. Just about makes me want to take up spinning too. But I really don't have time for it right now!! :) Guess I'll stick to knitting for now.

sarahhaggerty said...

I would sleep in it...

Virginia G said...

That is a cute hat! Congrats for making something that went over so well.