Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mock Cables and Lace--A Finished Pair

I finished the second Mock Cables and Lace Sock (page 102 of Sock Knitting Master Class) and am thoroughly pleased with the pair.


I noticed that I've used close to same color yarn for three pairs of the socks I've knitted from Sock Knitting Master Class. I do love the caramel-ly gold color, but I think there's a better reason.
A few years ago I bought a pair of Taos clogs. The clogs are covered in real color-stranded knitting! Many of my socks clash with the rust, gold, and brown pattern, so I've lately gravitated to solid colors that match the shoes. In addition to the Mock Cables and Ribs, my Rose Ribs (page 80) and Knot Socks (page 96) coordinate beautifully with these most special shoes.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Your color choices coordinate beautifully with your shoes. I buy far too muc yarn in this colorway simply because I love it . I'm glad to know someone else likes it too.

Nicole said...

i love the colour of those socks!
I guess I make three :)
-Nicole
Knit, Nicole, Knit!

harriet said...

I also love this colorway and have several pair of socks I've knit. Don't realize how many until time to wash and then I see. But I still keep buying yarn with these colors.

Love your shoes.

etqoe1953 said...

Well - the socks are gorgeous - but then again - so are the shoes! Well Done!!!

Karen Frisa said...

Those are pretty cool shoes. :)

Paul & Carla said...

Beautiful socks and shoes!