Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Why I'm a Spoiled Brat #14 and #15

A couple of months ago, I applied for the SOAR scholarship. SOAR is the SpinOff Autumn Retreat that includes an intensive 3-day workshop and 2 days of 3-hour classes, all about spinning. And I have it on very good authority that there's a fabulous marketplace for the duration. The scholarship is designed for those wanting to "expand their interest in spinning, to share valuable information within the spinning community, as well as to preserve, expand, and promote spinning in the community at large." Between my blog, teaching, and books, I figured that I had a chance.

Well, the good luck keeps pouring in--I found out this week that I awarded a full scholarship. That means that not only am I guaranteed a spot at this very popular annual retreat (why I am a spoiled brat #14), but I don't have to pay for it (why I am a spoiled brat #15)! I just have to get myself to Manchester, New Hampshire, October 2-8 of this year, which should coincide with the gorgeous autumn colors. I feel like a kid that's just been given the key to a candy store.

7 comments:

Cambria said...

Oh man! I *soooo* want to be you when I grow up ;)

Virginia G said...

AWESOME!

theatreknitter said...

that is how i got into clara's retreat the first year. people will start petting your head for good luck, so wear a nice hat.

AdrieneJ said...

Wowee! I'm jealous... but I think I'm more awestruck. Excellent news!

april said...

wow! that sounds wonderful. have fun.

Kristin Nicholas said...

Awesome! You know, we don't live far from there!

Mona said...

I'm so happy for you, Ann. Congratulations! I hope you have lots of fun.