Friday, November 25, 2011

Rose Ribs Completed

I had hoped to finish the second Rose Ribs sock (page 80 of Sock Knitting Master Class) at the Knitter's Review Retreat, but there was just too much going on. Instead, I finished it on the plane home on Monday. I love the yarn I used for these sock--Plucky Knitter Primo in Sticky Toffee. It's a nice round yarn with plenty of stretch. And in a fiber combination of 75% extra-fine merino, 25% cashmere, 5% nylon, it's a dream to knit with and should be heaven to wear.

Those of you with eagle eyes might notice the slightly darker toe on one of the socks. That's because I didn't remember to take my gauge swatch with me and I needed that yarn to complete the second sock. Fortunately, I found a few yards of a similar yarn at the Retreat.
Next up are Meg Swansen's Twisted Rib Stockings.

1 comment:

Virginia G said...

Love that color.

And that's pretty funny about the gauge swatch, but I'm glad the new yarn could save the day.