Friday, August 10, 2012

Half-Stranded Sock--Top of Foot

Staying up late, I finished the top of the foot, or the instep, of Anna Zilboorg's Half-Stranded Socks.


I think I've mentioned before that I knit much tighter than I purl. So much so that I use a larger needle for knit rows than purl rows. For these socks, I'm using a 2.75mm needle for right-side rows and a 2.50mm needle for wrong-side rows. This keeps my stockinette looking even. (When I work with interchangeable circular needles, I put different size tips on each end of the cable.)

You might want to try this trick if you find your stockinette has a stripy appearance from the stitches being different sizes on alternate rows.

4 comments:

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

That's a wonderful tip, thank you for sharing it! And I think your sock looks fantastic ;)

May said...

My purl stitches are also looser than my knit stitches. Thank you for the tip to use different needles sizes on interchangeable circulars. Really helpful.

Louisa said...

I find that taking the yarn aound the needle in a clockwise direction makes for looser stitches and taking it around the need counter cockwise makes for tighter stitches. This might be a solution for you. It's way easier than keeping track of different size needles.

Anonymous said...

On the other hand, you don't want to start discussing details about your personal life on your business blog. Your topic will also influence how personal or professional you want to come across in your style. A good rule of thumb is: if you wouldn't say it in an email to a client, it shouldn't go up on your company's blog.

[url=http://jordansoutletgs.devhub.com/]air jordans[/url]


You will start to see what your visitors and customers respond to and tailor your efforts to give them what they want.

[url=http://cheapnfljerseys168.0fees.net/]Youth NFL Jerseys[/url]