Monday, August 1, 2011

French Market Socks--A Finished Sock

Whew. I finished the first sock! If I hadn't decided to knit every sock Sock Knitting Master Class, I don't think I ever would have attempted these socks. But I'm glad I did! I can now hold two yarn and get reasonably even tension. Something I've never done before.
I'll admit that even though I love the Kitchener stitch, I was relieved to finish the toe with a simple gathered tip.
Here's the unblocked sock. Notice the odd bulge in the heel.


Here's the blocked sock. The stitches are a bit more uniform, but the heel looks just as odd. I'd let you know how it fits, but these socks are too small for my farm-stock feet. I'll have to find a friend to try them on.


2 comments:

Paul & Carla said...

Your sock looks great! Maybe the oddball heel will be fine once it's on the foot.

Lisa said...

I'll try it on! ;)