Friday, August 26, 2011

Newsflash!

I've just been given the go-ahead from Interweave Press to announce my next book.

Drum roll, please . . . The Knitter's Handy Book of Top-Down Sweaters will be available next spring!


Like its forerunners, The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns and The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns, this book includes multiple sizes and multiple gauges in chart format, but all are worked in a single piece from the neck down. Get that? No seaming!
Instructions range form 26" to 54" chest/bust circumferences (in 2" increments) and from 3 to 7 stitches per inch (in 1" increments). In addition to the basic instructions for circular yoke, raglan, modified-drop shoulder, set-in sleeve, and saddle-shoulder styles, there will be 15 patterns (in 5 sizes each) to demonstrate how the basic instructions can be modified for infinite possibilities. And because it's easy for my designs to start to look alike, 5 of the patterns (one in each style) are by guest designers, Pam Allen, Veronik Avery, Jared Flood, Anne Hanson, and Kristen TenDyke.
I think it's going to be a long winter.

22 comments:

Jersey Shore Deb said...

Wow! Can't wait!! Sign me up!

WonderMike said...

Very nice. I need to make a top-down sweater. Now I have a great reason to do. :)

Connie said...

Yay! I've been hoping for this book. I'm very excited.

J said...

You've just made a whole lot of knitters happy. :)

Cambria said...

Shut! Up!! I'm so excited :)

Virginia G said...

WOO! Super Excited for this book! Top down is my favorite.

Unknown said...

can't wait! are you going to do a KAL? if so, i'm on board with you :)

JoLynn said...

Congrads on announcing the new book.

april said...

Oh, I need this book! I can't wait, and congratulations. I would be excited, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!! I'm so very excited to know this is in the works. What a great addition to the most useful knitting book pattern series of all time!

Quinnspins said...

Oh, this is going to be WONDERFUL!!! Can't wait to see it!

Judy said...

I'm anxious to get my hands on this book as top-down socks changed my knitting world. Bring it on!

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks like a "must have" for any library!

BCGramma said...

I'm super excited. I'm not sure I can wait until next spring. The sweaters on the cover are certainly enticing.

Anonymous said...

Gotta admit, this is QUITE a book!

Paul & Carla said...

Congratulations on your new title, Ann! I'll be looking for it.

Kayten said...

Your books are always close at hand. Can't wait for the next one!

sharryn said...

Great news. May we have the option of buying it in PDF format from your website?

Bobbie Wallace said...

Wonderful news! I've been "reverse engineering" your sweater book for years; knitting from the top down rather than up. No more late nights with the calculator and cyptic post-its! I can't wait to add this to my library. I hope you included some colorwork charts for yokes?

Anonymous said...

Yes! Need a test knitter? I'm available! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hoping the set in sleeves will be simultaneous set-in sleeves, not (only) picked up and knit down.

Lia said...

I pre-ordered this book. Iam really very curious to read it and to learn from it.