Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Why I'm a Spoiled Brat #17

As you know, I taught at Sock Summit 2011 last month and came home with an impressive haul of yarn and accessories. One thing I didn't get, though, was a commemorative mug from Jennie the Potter. She sold out the first night.
While chatting after class, I mentioned this to one of my students, who turned out to be a potter in her own right. A few days ago I got a package from Nan in Oakland, Oregon. In it was a perfect-size coffee mug with an etching of a sheep on one side and Sock Summit 2011 on the other.


I've been using the mug every day and am reminded of the fun I had at Sock Summit with every sip.
I don't deserve it, but I sure do enjoy it. Thank you Nan!

3 comments:

JoLynn said...

You deserve it!

Judy H. said...

I got a Jennie the Potter mug (though not a Sock-Summit-specific one) -- I love it! (I'm the one whose mother was taking your Friday class--I ducked in to get your autograph and then left ... )

Judy H. said...

Forgot to say -- this mug is great, too, and what a special gift.