Thursday, February 23, 2012

Blowing in the Wind

Yesterday we had winds that clocked close to 90 mph. High winds are not uncommon during the winter along the Colorado Front Range and we are accustomed to flying bits of debris and even sections of fences, roof shingles, and branches breaking in these winds.
Yesterday, this hit close to home. A large spruce tree in our front yard snapped about 15 feet off the ground. I must be the luckiest person alive because the part that fell missed the house and only did minor damage to a neighboring tree.


What does this have to do with knitting? Nothing. But I'm sure if I had been at home when it happened, the crack and crash would have made me drop a few stitches!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Oh my gosh, how scary! Trees sound awful when they come down. We had a willow (shallow roots) fall on our house a couple years ago during a windstorm and it sounded/felt like nothing else. I leaped over the desk in my office when I heard it coming down. Luckily, the trunk snapped 1' before our house and a few limbs went through the roof into a crawlspace. Still, I was sad to lose the tree; I get attached to living things in my yard.

Cat said...

Just happy you are safe, and doesn't sound like it did too much damage, other than to itself... eep.

Cat

Semec Nova Palmeira PB said...

Very creatiive post